Divorce is the legal process to end your marriage. Massachusetts General Laws c. 208 sec. 1A and 1B govern the types of divorce available in this state, whether Massachusetts has jurisdiction, and whether a county has venue.  We recommend seeking the advice of legal counsel to determine which type of divorce you should file.  This website is intended to be an informational tool and does not constitute legal advice.

We do provide procedural information about Joint Petitions and Contested Divorces on this site.

Copies of Records

If you are already divorced and would like to request a copy of your judgment, separation agreement, or Certificate of Divorce Absolute, you should contact us at 508-747-6204 with your name to obtain your docket number.  We can discuss the fee for your request with you over the phone, and you can either mail payment or come to one of our locations.

For more information, click here.